We are proud to announce the 3.4 release of Tryton.
In addition to the usual improvements of existing features for users and developers, this release has seen a lot of work done on the accounting part.
Of course, migration from previous series is fully supported with the obvious exception of the ldap_connection module which was removed.
Major changes in graphical user interface
The search of relation record has been re-worked to take advantage of the auto-completion. The search box of the pop-up window is filled with the text entered in the widget.
The search/open button of the Many2One widget is now inside the entry box and the create button is removed in favor of auto-completion actions or pop-up button. This change allow to harmonize the size of all widgets inside a form.
A new image widget is available on list/tree view.
The client can now perform a pre-validation before executing a button action. The validation is based on a domain and so the offending fields can be highlighted and focused instead of having an error message pop-up.
The selection label are now available in addition of the internal value for the export data (CSV) functionality.
The export data window is now predefined with the fields of the current view. This gives a fast way to export what you see.
The predefined export can now be replaced directly with a new selection of fields. This eases the process of creating such predefined exportation.
It is now possible to re-order the list of the exported fields using drag and drop.
The range operator of the search box is now including on both endpoints. It appears to be less astonishing behavior for users even if the previous behavior including-excluding had some practical advantages.
The client loads now plug-ins defined in the user local directory (~/.config/tryton/x.y/plugins).
Major changes on the server side
- A new Mixin MatchMixin is introduced. It allows to implement a common pattern in Tryton to find records that match certain values.
- Another UnionMixin is also introduced. It allows to define a ModelSQL which is the UNION of some ModelSQL's.
- Actually, Tryton doesn't update a record defined in a XML file if this one has been modified outside the XML. Now, it is possible to find those records and force the update to get the record synchronised with the XML.
- A Python descriptor has been added to the Selection field. It allows to define an attribute on a Model which will contains the selection label of the record. It is planned to update all the reports to use such descriptor instead of hard-coded values.
- A new configuration file format is introduced for the server. It is easily extendable to be used by modules. For example, the ldap_authentication module starts using it in replacement of the removed ldap_connection.
- It is now possible to give a logging configuration files to setup the server logging. This file uses the Python logging configuration format.
- The context defined on relation fields are now used to instantiate the target.
- The SQL clause for a domain on a field can be now customized using a domain_<field> method. This method allows in some cases a more efficient SQL query. The method is designed to support joins.
- The access rights has been reworked to be active only on RPC calls. With this design, Tryton follows the principle of checking input on the border of the application. So it is no more required to switch to the root user when calling methods requiring some specific access rights as far as it is not from an RPC call.
A new wizard to help reconcile all accounts has been added. It loops over each account and party and makes a proposal of lines to reconcile if it could find one. This really speeds up the reconciliation task.
There is also another new wizard to ease the creation of cancellation moves. The wizard also reconciles automatically the line with the cancelled sibling.
A new option Party Required on account has been added. This option makes the party required for move lines of this account and forbids it for others.
- It is now possible to configure which tax rounding to use. There are two ways implemented: per document and per line. The default stays per document.
- It is now possible to change a succeeded payment to failed.
Account Payment SEPA
- The scheme Business to Business is supported for direct debit.
- The mandate receives now a default unique identification using a configured sequence.
- The module supports now the bank to customer debit/credit notification message (CAMT.054).
- A report to print a standard form for mandate has been added.
- It is now possible to order the statement lines and to give them a number. With those features, it is easier to reproduce the same layout of a bank statement.
- A report for statement has been added. For example, it can be used when using the statement for check deposit.
- A validation method can be defined on the statement journal. The available methods are: Balance, Amount and Number of Lines. This helps to uses the statement for different purposes like bank statement or check deposit.
Account Stock Continental/Anglo-Saxon
- The method is now defined on the fiscal year instead of being globally activated on module installation.
- It is now possible to store zip code per country. A script is provided to load zip codes from GeoNames.
- The module ldap_connection has been replaced by an entry in the configuration file of trytond.
- The new zip code from the module country is used to auto-complete zip and city field on address.
- The Confirmed state has been split into Confirmed and Processing, just like the Sale workflow.
Sale Supply Drop Shipment
- The management of exception on drop shipment is propagated from the sale to the purchase.
- The Account Payment Clearing module allows to generate clearing account move when a payment has succeeded between the receivable/payable account to a clearing account. The clearing account will be reconciled later by the statement.
Proteus is a library to access Tryton like a client.
- It is now possible to run reports. It is useful for testing them.
- A new duplicate method is added which is similar to the copy menu entry of the client.