Here are some changes recently landed in the development branch of Tryton that will be available on the next release.
A factor on number widgets. This factor is used for conversion between the value displayed and the internal value. The main usage is showing the user a percent value like 10%, while storing 0.1.
The requests have been removed. Instead the server sends emails to notify users and thanks to the Tryton URL users are able to communicate about specific records by referencing them. This also removes load on the server as each client was polling every 5 minutes for new requests.
A new kind of view has been added: calendar. It allows to display records on a calendar using ane start and/or an end date/datetime fields. It is based on the widget GooCalendar. It supports the Drag&Drop of events, the edition on double-click and it fetches only the events to display.
Since the version 2.0, Tryton has a URL scheme that the client can read. But in the past there was no easy way for the user to get the URL of a record. Now the URL is visible at the bottom of each tab. It contains all information to open the same tab on any other client.
- Now any move posted with one line of zero is automaticaly reconciled if it is on an account to reconcile. With this feature, invoices with an amount of zero are automatically marked as paid.
- A legacy of OpenERP, the centralised counterpart option on journal, has been removed after a poll that shows nobody was using it.
- Once an invoice is posted, the account move is used to show the amounts instead of computing it from the lines. This improve a little bit the performance especially for invoices with a lot of lines.
- Now it is possible to directly set an invoice on a statement line. This will fill the party and account automatically.
- It is now possible to query the stock quantity with any kind of grouping parameters. For example, it can be used to compute the stock quantity of a lot instead of a product.
- The code of inventory has been reworked to allow easy customization of the move creation and also of the unique constraint on the inventory lines.
- The period cache can now be adapted to cache different kind of grouped quantities.
- It is now possible to create inventories with lot.
- The period cache store also the quantities per lot.
- If there are late supplier moves when creating purchase requests, the wizard shows a warning to allow the user to change the date of those moves into the future if needed otherwise those incoming moves will be ignored.